[Web4lib] live chat with a librarian

Bracken, Karen KBRACKEN at riversideca.gov
Wed Dec 3 17:17:35 EST 2008

With budgets and staff decreasing, and workloads and responsibilities
increasing, I've been asked to look into the possibility of adding
kiosks at the branches that would connect customers via the internet to
a librarian located at the main branch.  This would free up branch staff
to focus on mainly circulation and pc assistance, and leave actual
reference to one or two dedicated librarians.  Unfortunately, I don't
know where to start.  If you have any experience doing this in your
library system, and can offer some suggestions I would certainly
appreciate it.

Karen Bracken

Digital Sys Spec

Riverside Public Library