[Web4lib] RE: sharpening images and OCR

Stevens, Julieanne H. jhsteven at law.stetson.edu
Mon Dec 1 16:42:06 EST 2008

I've used a program called Thumbs Plus for years, from Cerious software, for images.  It has some very handy features, including jpg cleanup, batch processing, and the capacity to create "contact sheets" from your digital image library.  It's affordable and  very user friendly.

Julieanne Hartman Stevens
Reference and  Electronic Resources Librarian
Stetson University College of Law
Law Library
1401 61st Street South
Gulfport, Florida 33707

727-562-7304
Internal extension: 7204
jhsteven at law.stetson.edu

"Librarians are librarians: they are not caregivers, nurturers, social workers, surrogate parents, welfare agents, or therapists. When all is said and done, their role is straightforward: they gather stuff, impose some order on said stuff, and make the stuff available to the public." Blaise Cronin
  Think Green - don't print this email unless you really need to