[Web4lib] Librarian Needed

Needham,George needhamg at oclc.org
Wed Aug 27 16:04:08 EDT 2008

Please see the following announcement for an opening for what appears to
be a very interesting position, which was described to me by Janna
Greenberg (mailto:jannamg at gmail.com) of Benetech.

Thank you so much for offering to help me with my search for a librarian
for Benetech (www.Benetech.org <http://www.benetech.org/> ). As I
mentioned in our conversation, Benetech's mission is to create new
technology solutions that serve humanity and empower people to improve
their lives.
Benetech has an opening for a Librarian for its Bookshare.org division.
Bookshare.org is the world's largest collection of digital electronic
books for the blind and print disabled. Bookshare.org has recently been
awarded $32 million by the Federal Government to expand their online
book collection for print-disabled students nationwide. The role of this
Librarian would be to curate and digitize Bookshare.org's online
library.

The position announcement and further information are available at
http://www.benetech.org/join_us/position_postings.shtml#lib. Please note
that this is NOT an OCLC or WebJunction position, so please don't
contact me directly about this. Thanks!

  George Needham
  Vice President, Member Services
  OCLC, Inc.