[Web4lib] Production Scanner Recommendations...

Erin Kinney EKINNE at state.wy.us
Fri Aug 8 13:37:36 EDT 2008

Hello,

We're using a Canon DR-7080C which has an 11 x 17" flat bed and an ADF, that also duplexes up to 11" x 17" paper.  It's been great for digitizing modern planning documents that have large architectural drawings in them.  The top is a bit heavy, but not too bad.  We've done some old hand typed books, and it wasn't great for that, but it's better than photocopying 800+ pages on our Book Binder Minder photocopier.  The whole scanner itself weighs about 75 lbs, and we paid about $6000 for it about four years ago.

Erin

______________________________
Erin Kinney, Digital Initiatives Librarian
Wyoming State Library
516 S. Greeley Hwy.
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Email: ekinne at state.wy.us
Phone: (307) 777-6332
http://will.state.wy.us/
http://gowyld.net/
http://wyonewspapers.org/
http://wyominglibraries.org/
______________________________
E-mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties.

>>> Kern Mann <kern.mann at rpl.lib.nh.us> 8/5/2008 11:19 AM >>>
Hi,

We have a large digitization project just beginning, and are looking for
recommendations for hardware.  We're looking for a production scanner
that will accommodate both hand-pressed to a flatbed and has an ADF.
Any experience or recommendations?  Any hardware you wish you avoided?

Thanks!

kern

--
Kern Mann