[Web4lib] web forms

Kerry Sullivan kerryasullivan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 09:49:03 EDT 2008

I have little to no control over our web presence anymore, but we recently
experienced a massive spamming of all of our online forms for the entire
organization.  We received thousands of emails overnight from multiple
forms.  We have since disabled our forms and our web programmer is working
on creating the forms in Flash.  He is extremely backed up and has not made
much progress and in the meantime our users do without.

I have noticed that there are a number of libraries' websites that have
these forms.  How do they have them hanging out there and not get spammed
like we did?  What are we doing wrong?  I welcome any suggestions or shared
frustration from a similar experience.

Thank you,

Kerry

Kerry Sullivan, MLIS