[Web4lib] storing resource passwords, i.e., the Chronicle

McHale, Nina Nina.McHale at ucdenver.edu
Wed Aug 6 14:48:05 EDT 2008

Hi, all,

How do you all store/display those annoying passwords for resources like the Chronicle and other things that, for whatever reason, can't go through the proxy server? We have a whole bunch of static web pages-one for each resource-that contain this info. The user finds the title for the Chronicle (or whatever resource they want) in the catalog, clicks the link to access the resource, and then is routed to the static (but proxy-protected) web page that contains the resource's access info. From that point, there's another link to get to the resource.

I know one of you clever people has figured out a kewl way to manage this info...

Nina
Please note my new email address: nina.mchale at ucdenver.edu<mailto:nina.mchale at ucdenver.edu>

Nina McHale, MA/MSLS
Assistant Professor, Web Librarian
Auraria Library
http://library.auraria.edu/~nmchale/
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=672599042> | MySpace<http://www.myspace.com/ninermac>
Serving the University of Colorado Denver,
Metropolitan State College of Denver,
and the Community College of Denver
1100 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 80204