[Web4lib] Mainmenu.html problems

Cloutman, David DCloutman at co.marin.ca.us
Wed Aug 6 12:54:20 EDT 2008

I don't know anything about the internals of how an III server works,
but the 403 error code would possibly suggest that there is some sort of
server-side include that is failing. Do you have any files that the
server must read and parse before results are passed to the browser? If
so, try absolute paths to the included files in the _file_system_.

Alternately, another thing you might look at is the frameset file. You
call the various files using relative URLs, so perhaps when you call the
files from the aliased URL (the short one) the server cannot resolve the
paths to the various files specified in the frame tags. Have you tried:

<FRAMESET COLS="300,*" BORDER="0">
  <FRAME NAME="tabbar"
SRC="http://library.ccbcmd.edu:2082/screens/TabBar.html" NORESIZE
MARGINWIDTH="0" SCROLLING="yes">
  <FRAMESET ROWS="74,*" BORDER="0">
    <FRAME NAME="topbar"
SRC="http://library.ccbcmd.edu:2082/screens/TopBar.html" NORESIZE
MARGINWIDTH="0" SCROLLING="no">

    <FRAME NAME="mainbar"
SRC="http://library.ccbcmd.edu:2082/screens/MainBar.html" NORESIZE>
  </FRAMESET>
</FRAMESET>

That might fix your problem, though it wouldn't be my first guess.

I would strongly advise you to abandon the frames altogether, though. It
really is not considered a good practice these days.

- David

---
David Cloutman <dcloutman at co.marin.ca.us>
Electronic Services Librarian