[Web4lib] question on feed builders behind a firewall

Menk, Robert bmenk at ll.mit.edu
Tue Aug 5 11:27:40 EDT 2008

I've been using News2Web for several years with excellent results. It's commercial but inexpensive and can be got from http://www.hexamail.com/

It has the nice ability to toggle the proxy so you can mange both internal and externally produced feeds easily in the same app. Outputs are easy to setup and include html (for server side includes e.g.), RSS (which lets me make new feeds by combining multiple other feeds), and plain email. The server side comes in Linux & Windows flavors, but the admin client is Windows-only.

Bobb Menk
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Library
bmenk at ll.mit.edu