[Web4lib] ContentDM VS ? Comparison

Stefan Boddie stefan at dlconsulting.com
Thu Apr 24 20:40:51 EDT 2008

Hi Nancy,

You might also consider Greenstone (http://www.greenstone.org). I'm a
little biased (I run a company specializing in Greenstone
customization and support) so probably not the right person to give a
balanced comparison between ContentDM and Greenstone, other than to
say they offer similar functionality.

One significant difference is in the licensing of the two. Greenstone
is open source and ContentDM is not, so the latter involves ongoing
licensing costs.

Greenstone has been used to build everything from small image
collections to large complex newspaper collections. For some examples
of collections built with Greenstone take a look at http://www.dlconsulting.com/greenstone-services/projects
  and http://www.greenstone.org/examples.

Kind regards,

Stefan Boddie