[Web4lib] Policies on Social Networking Presence

Bobbi Newman bobbi.newman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 23:17:49 EDT 2008

As Robin said they do apply to all our social networking sites, flickr,
myspace, facebook, etc, I just need to rework the wording, I've been meaning
to for months.

I handle of our libraries 2.0 type endeavors and I'd be happy to answer any
questions you have about problems etc.

Bobbi

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Robin Hastings <robin.hastings at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM,  <cmccollum at co.wake.nc.us> wrote:
> >
> >  Hello,
> >
> >  Our library system wants to allow our branches to create pages on
> social
> >  networking sites like Facebook.  Because we are part of county
> government,
> >  our "web presence" falls under the domain of our County Webmaster.
>  Before
> >  he will allow us to venture forth into the social networking world, he
> >  wants us to have a policy in place regarding how the page will be used,
> >  maintenance, and removal of offensive posts, pictures, etc.  Does
> anyone
> >  have a policy  or guidelines you could share with me?
> >
> >  Thanks!
> >
> >  Carol McCollum
> >  Electronic Resources Librarian
> >  Wake County Public Libraries - West Regional Library
> >  4000 Louis Stephens Drive
> >  Cary, North Carolina 27519
> >  (919) 463-8500
> >  cmccollum at co.wake.nc.us
>
> http://www.mrrl.org/admin/sections.php?pid=Web%20Guidelines&sec=45 -
> our MySpace guidelines, which also apply to our Facebook presence, I
> do believe. Hope that helps!
>

> --
> Robin Hastings
> robin.hastings at gmail.com