[Web4lib] Another RSS-related Question

Rachel Vidrine rbvidrine at waketech.edu
Tue Sep 25 10:38:35 EDT 2007

Here is what I want to accomplish via RSS:

On my library home page, I have a graphical link to our library blog. Below this link, I want to create automatically updated links of the 3 most recent postings to the blog so visitors to the home page will see when the blog has been updated.

I read about Feed Digest, so I signed up for the service two weeks ago. I simply copied and pasted into the home page the RSS feed code that was generated for me. It accomplished exactly what I wanted.

Now I have discovered that the code is slowing down the loading of the library site. Furthermore, I just noticed the appearance of a "Powered by Feed Digest..." statement underneath the feed. Maybe these annoyances would be eliminated by upgrading to the paid version of Feed Digest, but I want a free way to do this without slowing down my site.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Rachel