[Web4lib] National Chemistry Week Blog

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Sat Sep 22 18:47:46 EDT 2007

***APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS***

Colleagues/

To commemorate National Chemistry Week (October 21-27) at Iowa State University (ISU), I've decided to use the blog format as a 'venue' for a virtual 'exhibit'.

The blog is located at [ http://nationalchemistryweek2007.blogspot.com/ ]

Over the coming weeks I plan to post a variety of items relating to

Over the coming weeks, there will be a variety of postings relating to

***Biosketches of notable Iowa State University Chem/ChemE/MatSci/FoodSci/Biochem/Etc. faculty

***Chemistry-related databases

***Highlights of ISU Special Collections chemistry-related resources

***Major chemistry-related publishers/journals

***Major professional chemistry-related association and societies

***Profiles of ISU Science and Technology Librarians and their respective chemistry-related responsibilities

***SciFinder Scholar 101

Where possible I plan to use relevant copyright-free images/audio/video to illuminate the postings.

BTW-1: I would appreciate Any and All suggestions for other appropriate content for this blog.

BTW-2: The Blog has a Feedburner Webfeed Soooo..... Subscribe Won't You [:-)

[ http://feeds.feedburner.com/NationalChemistryWeekOctober21-272007 ]

BTW-3: Information About National Chemistry Week is available at

[ http://tinyurl.com/64vap  ]

***PLEASE PUBLICIZE THIS BLOG AS WIDELY AS POSSIBLE***

Thanks !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

!!! Social Networking is People !!!
[ http://www.facebook.com/p/Gerry_McKiernan/16926735  ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]