[Web4lib] This page contains both secure and nonsecure items

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 09:33:38 EDT 2007

We'vr run into some sites which pop up a message:

"This page contains both secure and nonsecure items"

I understand that this can happen by displaying a graphic which comes
from a nonsecure site - this is now happening with Google Mail - and I
know how to turn it off.

My question is, is turning it off a good idea, or is there a real
security problem here?  We haven't run into it much, but since I am
making some configuration changes this would be a good time to do it.

--
Bob Sullivan
Schenectady Digital History Archive