[Web4lib] Brilliant Database Marketing Campaign

Erin Kinney EKINNE at state.wy.us
Wed Sep 19 18:30:09 EDT 2007

Exactly, Robert.  I think this image generates a gut reaction in many people that they don't see beyond that to what she really is--a silhouette of a girl reading.

I'm a native Californian living in Wyoming and webmistress for the WyomingLibraries.org site.  I've seen a ton of action on my photos of her on my Flickr account http://www.flickr.com/people/wyolibrarian   Most people are very supportive of this and even if they don't like the image understand what we are trying to accomplish--trying to get traditional non-library users to use library services like the Chilton Automotive Service Guides.  We need to go to them and offer them what they want and need whether or not they step foot in an actual library building.

Erin

______________________________
Erin Kinney, Digital Initiatives Librarian
Wyoming State Library
516 S. Greeley Hwy.
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Email: ekinne at state.wy.us
Phone: (307) 777-6332
http://will.state.wy.us/
http://gowyld.net/
http://wyonewspapers.org/
http://wyominglibraries.org/
______________________________
E-mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties.

>>> "Robert L. Balliot" <rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com> 9/19/2007 9:39 AM >>>

Greetings Janice,

So for you, a mudflap creates homesickness.  Another reacted that
she was 'appalled' and yet another that she would not want her daughter
involved.

The thing is, they are not the same thing.

This is the original:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflap_girl

This is the spin-off:
http://www.wyominglibraries.org/images/mudflap-girl-bookmark.jpg

Sometimes a mudflap is just a mudflap.