[Web4lib] Brilliant Database Marketing Campaign

Janice Christopher Janice.Christopher at uconn.edu
Wed Sep 19 11:31:09 EDT 2007

And for me -- I grew up in Wyoming and now live elsewhere -- the whole campaign brings on a mighty big pang of homesickness.

It *is* a "nekkid wench reading a book", BTW. You see enough mudflaps, you know...

janice
-------------
Janice Christopher
Catalog Management Librarian
Univ. of Connecticut
860.486.2636
janice.christopher at uconn.edu

jpg> , I do
not see a
"nekkid wench reading a book".  I see a silhouette
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silhouette>
the resembles a person reading a book.

I guess that is part of the brilliance of the
campaign - the graphic triggers an emotional
reaction irrelevant to the message that broadens
the impact of the message. In your case, it
brought out a pirate, in others it might bring
out someone's inner leprechaun <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprechaun> .

Join: http://gotbooks.ning.com/
Robert L. Balliot
1-401-441-5763