[Web4lib] Coding for IE5.2 on a Mac?

Hutchens, Chad chutchens at montana.edu
Tue Sep 18 14:26:03 EDT 2007

I've been in a similar position.  IMHO, coding for the few users still
on IE5/Mac isn't worth the effort at all.  It's going to take you
forever to get it all to work well.

Before you drop the bomb on your Comm Director and ask him/her to
upgrade their browser, see if you can get access to some server logs to
get some evidence of the browsers most people are using.  Most servers
should be able to give you user agent reports.  Having evidence of its
low use might help your argument a little bit.

Chad E. Hutchens
Electronic Resources Librarian
Montana State University Libraries
P.O. Box 173320