[Web4lib] RSS calendar/events feeds for library programming

Bret Parker Bret.Parker at ci.stockton.ca.us
Thu Sep 13 17:34:09 EDT 2007

RSS is ideal for news items. Has anyone made it work for events and programming?

Our feeds are experimental at this point, and I have put an event announcement there (see last feed at this writing, the art show featuring Latino artists--an event past, that needs to be removed).  http://www.stockton.lib.ca.us/feed/rss.xml

What if you were to do a feed exclusive to an audience (e.g., teen programming, children's programming, lifelong learning, etc.)?

Please provide me examples if you have them. Thanks.

Bret Parker, Senior Applications Programmer Analyst (MLIS)
Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library
605 N. El Dorado St
Stockton, CA 95202
bret.parker at ci.stockton.ca.us
(209) 937-7148