[Web4lib] Help! Network manager/analysis tool for Cisco-based network

Deborah Bendig DBendig at onlib.org
Tue Sep 11 15:34:39 EDT 2007

Hi,

We've upgraded our network over the past two years, and are in the process of migrating to a new ILS.   We don't yet have a network management or analysis tool, and were wondering what others with a Cisco-based network are using.  Ideally, we'd like to segment traffic such that the traffic for the ILS is separated from traffic from staff and public PCs at least, if also segment the staff and public PCs, too.

And, does anyone have experience with the Cisco Network Application Performance Analysis (NAPA) "solution"?   If so, what's the pricing like/based on for libraries, and how does it work for you?  Do you use it to segment traffic as described above?

And, any suggestions as to how to manage our network configuration to produce the best response time are welcome,too.

You can reply directly to me instead of to the list if you wish.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Deb

Deborah L. Bendig
Systems Librarian