[Web4lib] basic explanations of css layout

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Tue Sep 11 13:46:14 EDT 2007

I think that CSS Mastery Advanced Wed Standards Solutions is a really
good book. It is concise and very well organized. I also like Eric
Meyers' books.

With Firefox I use both the amazing Firebug extension as well as the
Web Developer extension. I also really like the View Source Chart
extension. If you want to write JavaScript and AJAXy stuff, Firebug
is indispensable.

I think that one of the keys to writing good .css is to stay
organized and keep your code clean. In other words, if you try
something and it doesn't work, remove that code before you try
something else, and when you are done, go through and make sure that
your code has a logical organization, so that you can locate
directives easily.

Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company
http://www.chillco.com

On Sep 11, 2007, at 5:51 AM, Deb Bergeron wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I've used "CSS The Missing Manual" and "CSS Mastery Advanced Wed
> Standards Solutions."  "CSS Mastery.." covers your topic more
> completely than the "Missing Manual...".   Both discuss the impact
> on IE 5.x and lower browsers.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Deb