[Web4lib] basic explanations of css layout

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:15:51 EDT 2007

Ray,

I think I have both the biggest and the smallest CSS handbooks. The
smallest is "CSS in 10 Minutes," by Russ Weakley, and the biggest is
"Web Publishing with HTML and CSS in One Hour a Day," by Laura Lemay
and Rafe Colburn. Both are in the SAMS Teach Yourself series. The
small one is for very quick reference, and the big one is for when I
have time for a lengthier explanation.

Sharon

On 9/10/07, Raumin Ray Dehghan <infoscience1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Colleagues,
>
> does anybody have any recommendations of books and/or websites that explain css
> layout in very simple, straightforward language?
>
> For example, i'm trying to understand why pixels seem to be easier to work
> with than percentages, etc.
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> -Raumin "Ray" Dehghan
> West Chicago Public Library
> West Chicago, Illinois

Sharon M. Foster, B.S., J.D., 0.58 * (MLS)
F/OSS Evangelist
Cheshire Public Library
104 Main Street
Cheshire, CT  06410
http://www.cheshirelibrary.org
My library school portfolio: http://home.southernct.edu/~fosters4/
My final project for ILS655, Digital Libraries:
http://www.vsa-software.com/ils655

Any opinions expressed here are entirely my own.