[Web4lib] Room Service = OnCall | OnDemand OnSite Reference Service(s) ?

NORMA JEAN HEWLETT hewlett at usfca.edu
Thu Sep 6 17:37:38 EDT 2007

I followed the links below and tried this service. It seemed to be the
same type of online reference service that many libraries have offered
for some time. It looks to me like the only difference is the
marketing. They are marketing it to people who are already in the
library. Good idea!

Although the icon shows someone wearing a headset, when I connected it
was in ordinary chat mode, not voice chat. Perhaps voice chat only
works for people using the library computers?
Jean Hewlett

Regional Librarian
North Bay Campus, University of San Francisco