[Web4lib] RE: CMS (Content Management System)

Tom Keays tomkeays at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:15:03 EDT 2007

I was going to ask if anyone could recommend Textpattern. I've been
torn between it and Drupal, but leaning recently to Textpattern. The
book by Kevin Potts, Robert Sable, and Nathan Smith has been very good
in helping me get up to speed with the CMS.

On 10/31/07, Jerry Yarnetsky, mjcpl reference <information at mjcpl.org> wrote:
> Weaknesses...
>
> * Image handling on the administrative side needs to improve.

This weakness was mentioned in some of the blogs and forums I've read.
Some folks are proposing farming out the image handling issue to
Flickr and using plugins like vdh_flickr to embed images into blogs.
I'm not sure if this idea is viable for library websites, but makes
seems to make sense for individuals who want to offload some that
bandwidth or need flexibility should they decide to migrate to another
CMS at some point.

Textpattern's "TextBook" wiki has a useful comparison chart of various
image and gallery plugins. Allowing a little thread bleed here, there
are several implementations of Lightbox listed that folks might want
to check out.

http://textbook.textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Comparison_of_Gallery_Plugins