[Web4lib] Embedded MP3 Player

Jonathan Gorman jtgorman at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 29 17:01:07 EDT 2007

---- Original message ----
>Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:18:05 -0400
>From: "Rachel Vidrine" <rbvidrine at waketech.edu>
>Subject: [Web4lib] Embedded MP3 Player
>To: <Web4lib at webjunction.org>
>
>Can anyone recommend a simple, easy way to embed an MP3 player on a Web
>site to play multiple clips? I found a tutorial online, but when I used
>it on a site, no one seemed to be able to figure it out. I think maybe
>getting rid of the text links for downloading the files in their
>entirety--and leaving just the player--might lessen some of the
>confusion. Adding to the confusion is the fact that the player doesn't
>let a user to move from one clip to another with just the "next" button.
>It requires having to hit the "next" button, and then the "play" button
>again.

Why not offer the text links, but also offer a separate box for each song?  Right now there's only two songs, so it's not like it'll be an overwhelming amount for the user to see.

Otherwise look for something that displays what song is being played.  There's no visual feedback and I have no way of knowing that there's a "next" track.  Especially if I don't use online players that much.

You might want to review the various parameters at http://www.w3schools.com/media/media_playerref.asp.  I suspect there's  viewing mode you can adjust to show different properties.

Keep the links somewhere, just in case someone has a setup that will not play these files.

Jon Gorman