[Web4lib] Lightbox?

Tom Keays tomkeays at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 18:08:49 EDT 2007

I use a version of Lightbox that was ported from Prototype to jQuery
(a similar Ajax framework). It runs on Safari just fine (the guy who
developed it is himself a Mac user).

http://warren.mesozen.com/jquery-lightbox/

On 10/26/07, Tim Spalding <tim at librarything.com> wrote:
> We found a lot of browser problems with the existing lightbox scripts.
> I can't recall specifics, but I think it was because they rely on
> Prototype and there are bugs with Safari in particular. Our is
> Prototype-free.

The jQuery version does wreak some havok with Safari 1.0.3 (which is
the last version that Mac OS X 10.2 can use), but that version of
Safari chokes on just about any javascript that tries to parse the
DOM.

Tom