[Web4lib] using php on microsoft 2003 server

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Oct 25 16:13:40 EDT 2007

Ray,

We run PHP on one of our Windows 2003 servers that hosts our Intranet and internal blog (we needed PHP specifically for the blog). It works without any problem for us.

I had some problems installing it and it required a bit of sleuthing online to find the fix. If you're going to run PHP with IIS, check out this great script from David Wang for integrating PHP with IIS:

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2006/06/24/HOWTO-Install-and-Run-PHP-on-IIS7-Part-3.aspx

I used a previous version to set up PHP with IIS 7 on Vista (for personal development) and it worked like a charm. I didn't have this script when I installed PHP so I'm sure it would have saved me a lot of time and headaches if I had. You could also go the route of installing Apache and running PHP with Apache on Windows. Either way, there's plenty of documentation out there on how to do that.

Good Luck!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library