[Web4lib] ERM Implementations

Yitzchak Schaffer yitzchas at touro.edu
Wed Oct 24 11:46:15 EDT 2007

I know this doesn't answer your question: we have been a Serials Solutions client for some years. We were considering signing on for their 360 RM product, but if I understand correctly, we were told by a rep from WALDO (a NYC-area buying club) that our consortium-like structure would not be compatible with that system.

We have a number of loosely-related sub-institutions, each with its own IP ranges and subscriptions. Frankly, we're stretching SerSol's other products - we use public notes to indicate which of our "sites" have access to which databases. We are in the initial stages of developing our own ERMS at the database level (as opposed to SerSol's journal level). It would be ideal if we could use an API to tie this new system in with the SerSol's knowledgebase to allow site-limited journal searches; we have not yet investigated this possibility at all.

Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Librarian
Touro College Libraries
yitzchas at touro.edu