[Web4lib] Libraries, OCA, Google make first page of the NYT

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 14:45:45 EDT 2007

  I thought the final paragraph of the article was very interesting:

  "On Wednesday the Internet Archive announced, together with the Boston Public Library and the library of the Marine Biological Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, that it would start scanning out-of-print but in-copyright works to be distributed through a digital interlibrary loan system."

  I couldn't find a mention on the OCA web site about how they are tackling the copyright issue when it comes to scaning in-copyright out-of-print books?

  Bernie Sloan

"K.G. Schneider" <kgs at bluehighways.com> wrote:
  http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/22/technology/22library.html

Wow! (I blogged it, too)