[Web4lib] Tools for online document library?

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 14:21:45 EDT 2007

Have a look at Dspace.

www.dspace.org

It seems like it would fit your stated needs nicely.  The only
gotchas is that it requires a Java Server (i.e. Tomcat) and
PostgreSQL, which might be a bit of a roadblock if you don't control
the server. (i.e. shared hosting)

You might look especially at its Dublin Core abilities, it's fulltext
search indexing of 'known' document types (such as Word & PDF) and
its abilities to run over a SSL connection. (which it tries to do by
default.)

Cheers,
Andrew