[Web4lib] Favorite open source books and/or online resources?

Karin Dalziel web4lib at nirak.net
Thu Oct 18 17:01:18 EDT 2007

I'm a library student doing a reference assignment on building a part of a
collection. The subject I have chosen is open source software- in specific,
I'm looking for books and online resources that would be useful for
undergraduate computer science students. I'm looking at books both on using
open source as a business model and general books on how open source
projects work. I'm less interested in technical books detailing "how to
complete project x with open source tools y."

So, anyone have any recommendations?

I am collecting books I find in a worldcat list here:

         http://worldcat.org/profiles/karindalziel/lists/25571

And I'm collecting online resources bookmarks here:

         http://del.icio.us/karindalziel/refopensourceassn

I have to admit this was slightly selfish on my part, as I want to read up
on the topic too. :)

Thanks for your help,

Karin Dalziel