[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 7:12 available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:22:55 EDT 2007

Cites & Insights 7:12, November 2007, is available for downloading at
http://citesandinsights.info/civ7i12.pdf.

The 28-page issue is PDF as usual (HTML versions of most essays are
available at the home page, http://citesandinsights.info/) and includes:

*Bibs & Blather - Thanks! - A note about my new position as Director and
Managing Editor of the PALINET Leadership Network (and why there was no
liblog extravaganza this year).

*Following Up & Feedback - A tiny section correcting two name problems
and listing the publishers who've disowned PRISM.

*(C)3: Balancing Rights - "Sometimes They're Guilty," a review of and
commentary on the first RIAA suit to go to jury trial.

*Trends & Quick Takes - Nine trends (including a librarian winner of the
Ig Nobel for Literature--and no, the article isn't at all a joke) and
eight quicker takes.

*Net Media: Thinking about Blogging

*Interesting & Peculiar Products - Six products (including a variety of
views on a certain high-profile Apple product that appears to excel at
everything except its supposed primary function) and a dozen Editors'
Choices and other winners.

*My Back Pages - Six snarky little essays.

I've revised the Word template for the HTML essays to be a little more
"printlike." If you find that it doesn't work for you, let me know: I
might change it back. If you don't notice a difference, that's OK too.