[Web4lib] Examples of Library Use of Web Widgets, Gadgets, and Badges?

Sharon Foster vsa.software at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:46:59 EDT 2007

I use an embedded Google Calendar on our Events page. Each department can
keep its own events up-to-date, and no one has to have a special application
(Dreamweaver, Contribute, etc.) to do it. We can make changes from any
networked computer, even from home.

http://cheshirelibrary.org/events/index.htm

On 10/10/07, Michael McDonnell <michael at winterstorm.ca> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Next week I will be giving a presentation at the Netspeed conference in
> Calgary, AB, Canada (a library technology conference) on web widgets.  I
> have several important examples for demonstration, but I would also like
> to showcase what other libraries have done with cut-and-paste content or
> applications.  This could include google gadgets, wordpress widgets,
> cut-and-paste content from social networks, web applications, etc.  It
> could mean embedding an application (e.g. the meebome widget).
>
> While I know about a lot of widgets, I am now interested in knowing how
> they have been applied.  If you know of an example of any
> library-related use of web widgets, please feel free to email me at
> michael at winterstorm.ca.
>
> I'll be posting the presentation and the "showcase" at
> http://syntheticlibrarian.com/ in about two weeks time.
>
> --
> Michael McDonnell
> michael at winterstorm.ca