[Web4lib] php

Yitzchak Schaffer yitzchas at touro.edu
Tue Oct 16 09:40:00 EDT 2007

I'll kick in the obligatory http:/www.w3schools.com/php/ ; also, I've been
working with a book about using PHP in conjunction with a relational
database (specifically MySQL, but adaptible to others) to create sites with
a DB back-end: PHP and MySQL for dynamic web sites / Larry Ullman.  It reads
well, with good examples of fairly complex real-world applications.  I'm not
sufficiently informed at this point to know for sure, but I'm left feeling
that his treatment of security stops short of all one has to know in order
to develop a site for handling more sensitive info like financials, medical,
etc.

Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Librarian
Touro College Libraries