[Web4lib] Moving AWSTATS to a new server

McHale, Nina nina.mchale at cudenver.edu
Mon Oct 15 14:30:53 EDT 2007

Hey, all,

We're moving web servers, and our campus IT support isn't sure what will
happen to our implementation of AWSTATS when we move. We have web stats
from the past 4 years in our current setup, and I'm loathe to lose that,
so I'm asking:

Does anyone have experience with moving web analytics (AWSTATS or
otherwise) from one server to the other? Are the log files lost? Is
there an easy way to back them up prior to the move?

I know I should be discussing these things with our IT folks, but I
wanted to get more info first.

We also run Google Analytics, which is hosted and doesn't care where our
files live, but the data captured there only goes back to mid-2006.

Thanks in advance!

Nina

Nina McHale, MA/MSLS
Assistant Professor, Web Librarian
Auraria Library

Serving the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences
Center-Downtown Campus,
Metropolitan State College
and the Community College of Denver

1100 Lawrence Street