[Web4lib] Creating InfoTrac OneFile Single Search Box

Bob Duncan duncanr at lafayette.edu
Mon Oct 15 13:20:45 EDT 2007

At 11:18 AM 10/15/2007, Park,Go-Woon wrote:
>I am new to here. I am trying to create a single search box for InfoTrac
>OneFile on library's web pages. So, users can search OneFile without
>going into database's interface. Has anybody created one?

The search form that appears on search results screens can be cobbled
into a standalone form.  Just replace [YOURGroupName] with the group
name that appears in your link URL.

<form name="quickSearchForm"
action="http://find.galegroup.com/itx/quickSearch.do?inPS=true&amp;prodId=AONE&amp;userGroupName=[YOURGroupName]"
method="get">
   <input name="quickSearchTerm" size="15" class="mini"
maxlength="100" type="text">
   <input value="Go" type="submit">
   <input name="stw.contentSet" value="null_config" type="hidden">
   <input name="userGroupName" value="[YOURGroupName]" type="hidden">
   <input name="searchType" value="BasicSearchForm" type="hidden">
   <input name="prodId" value="AONE" type="hidden">
   <input name="tabID" type="hidden">
   <input name="searchId" type="hidden">
</form>

Bob Duncan