[Web4lib] Examples of Library Use of Web Widgets, Gadgets, and Badges?

Michael McDonnell michael at winterstorm.ca
Wed Oct 10 11:03:45 EDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

Next week I will be giving a presentation at the Netspeed conference in
Calgary, AB, Canada (a library technology conference) on web widgets.  I
have several important examples for demonstration, but I would also like
to showcase what other libraries have done with cut-and-paste content or
applications.  This could include google gadgets, wordpress widgets,
cut-and-paste content from social networks, web applications, etc.  It
could mean embedding an application (e.g. the meebome widget).

While I know about a lot of widgets, I am now interested in knowing how
they have been applied.  If you know of an example of any
library-related use of web widgets, please feel free to email me at
michael at winterstorm.ca.

I'll be posting the presentation and the "showcase" at
http://syntheticlibrarian.com/ in about two weeks time.

--
Michael McDonnell
michael at winterstorm.ca