[Web4lib] XML Editor recommendations?

Bret Parker Bret.Parker at ci.stockton.ca.us
Fri Oct 5 19:36:48 EDT 2007

I have used jEdit with the XML and other related plug-ins and it is my preferred editor, including for XML.

I have also used <oXygen/> XML Editor, but the version we have loaded is not the latest.

Bret Parker, Senior Systems Analyst (MLIS)
Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library
605 N. El Dorado St
Stockton, CA 95202
bret.parker at ci.stockton.ca.us
(209) 937-7148

http://www.stockton.lib.ca.us

Gilman, Mark wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good, open-source XML editor? This is my first
> real encounter with XML, so I've not much basis upon which to make an
> informed choice.

I use JEdit[1]--but I don't use xml all that much. I also have a lite
version of AltovaXML Spy[2], which is more of an IDE, but I can't see on
their site that they offer the free, lite version any more.

[1]http://www.jedit.org/
[2]http://www.altova.com/
--
Steve Clason