[Web4lib] feed2js problem

Ken Varnum varnum at umich.edu
Wed Oct 3 13:40:21 EDT 2007

I think the main problem is that the feed doesn't validate:
http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2Fservic
es%2Fxml%2Frss%2Fnyt%2FHomePage.xml

There are hard returns after the URL before the </link> tag -- and Feed2JS
is very sensitive to that sort of thing.  (It also doesn't like
out-of-character-set characters, either -- so if you're setting up a feed
with the intent to use Feed2JS, make sure to declare the character set
properly and stick to it.)

--
Ken Varnum
Web Systems Manager
University Library                       E: varnum at umich.edu
University of Michigan                   V: 734-615-3287
309 Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library      F: 734-647-6897
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1205                 http://www.lib.umich.edu/