[Web4lib] feed2js problem

McDonald, Brian BMCDONALD at hws.edu
Wed Oct 3 11:37:08 EDT 2007

Hi folks--

I've just noticed in the last couple days that the New York Times
headlines feed on our library's home page
(http://academic.hws.edu/library/) has disappeared.  We use
http://feed2js.org to convert the XML feed to JavaScript to embed it in
the page.  The two oddities, to me, are:

- The feed is obviously still there; the URL hasn't changed, and you can
even go to the linked feed2js page
(http://feed2js.org//feed2js.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2Fserv
ices%2Fxml%2Frss%2Fnyt%2FHomePage.xml&num=2&date=n) and see that
it's pulling the content from NYT just fine.
- Our Chronicle of Higher Education feed, just below it, is set up
exactly the same way and is working just fine.

Obviously I'm missing something.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian McDonald
Electronic Services Librarian
Warren Hunting Smith Library