[Web4lib] mic recommendations

Wylie Ackerman wyliea at dpls.lib.or.us
Fri Nov 30 14:08:33 EST 2007

I ran into some issues trying to use inexpensive PC mics with my Mac.  I
opted to go with this product:

M-Audio Mobilepre USB ($180)
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MobilePreUSB-main.html
It will work with a Mac or Windows PC, and it's two channel, so you can
run two mics (or other instruments) through it at the same time.  It's
also small and portable.

You can use pretty much any mic you want with it.  We opted for some
fairly inexpensive Shure's.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/105-3511751-3945267?url=search-alia
s%3Daps&field-keywords=shure+microphone&x=0&y=0

Wylie Ackerman
eServices Manager
Deschutes Public Library
541-312-1042