[Web4lib] Unmoderated posts on your site?

brazic at myuw.net brazic at myuw.net
Thu Nov 29 16:13:46 EST 2007

Do any of you that have blogs or social networking like ning on your Web sites allow unmoderated posts by your users? We are a public library system and I am inclined to recommend allowing unmoderated posts as I may not be able to find the staff to help moderate fast enough for the content to stay fresh. I tend to believe that the mean people will be shouted down by the majority of users. Is this a crazy idea? Am I being naive in thinking people will be nice?

Your experience and thoughts on this will be most welcome as well as links to your sites so I can show others where this is working. Thank you!

Colleen Brazil
Content Access Manager
Sno-Isle Libraries
www.sno-isle.org