[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

NORMA JEAN HEWLETT hewlett at usfca.edu
Mon Nov 26 17:57:38 EST 2007

> My question is WHY anyone would want to carry hundreds or thousands
> of books with them at a time.  When I travel I always have a
> couple of
> books and several magazines (and more if a long trip), but I can't
see
> any reason to have a hundred books with me.

This is a little off topic, but I have about 25 audio books on my
ipod. Since it's a Nano with several gigs of storage, I could easily
have 100. I rarely listen to any of them, but it's nice to have them
in my purse if I get stuck in a waiting room. Much easier than
carrying even one book around in paper.

One of my acquaintances has an ipod that he uses to hold his family
photos and videos. He carries it everywhere and has been known to whip
it out and show total strangers the video of his daughter's birthday
party or photos from his son's school play.

Jean Hewlett