[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Nov 26 17:37:03 EST 2007

Hello Richard,

Sorry if that seemed like a cheap shot re the pictures.  But it was an
honest reaction.  I was really interested in looking at them,
especially since had been in Barcelona for several days following IFLA
in Berlin (03?? 04??)

> Wow, OK, so somehow I've gotten Roy Tennant to lead with a rebuttal to my
> postscript remark that Jeff Bezos is a nice guy, and now I've gotten Dan
> Lester to belittle my postscript reference to an unredacted photo album by
> telling me he's taught his wife to edit her raw photos better than I do.

> Can I possibly hit a postscript rebuttal trifecta here?

Well, maybe it means we shouldn't add postscripts?  :-)

> Someday within the next year or 5 or 10, we'll see ultralight tablet devices
> with hours or days of battery life and a readable screen and millions of
> pages of readable text.  I don't know if the Kindle is it.  I don't know if
> it has to be full color to satisfy.  But I have no doubt, it's on its way.

Yes, we will.  Now the question is whether or not they'll be general
purpose "computers/laptops/tablets" or whether we'll have one for
pictures, one for text, one for the web, etc.

Have any of you bought those "digital picture frames" that essentially
are small versions of a wallpaper changer?

--
Best regards,
 Dan                            mailto:dan at riverofdata.com