[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Nov 26 17:28:21 EST 2007

Hello Tom,

> What makes e-book readers attractive (besides the pure geekiness of
> them) is the fact that I can carry 200 books as easily as one, Heck,
> why stop there... with SD cards, I can carry thousands of e-books with
> me. And I do.*

My question is WHY anyone would want to carry hundreds or thousdands
of books with them at a time.  When I travel I always have a couple of
books and several magazines (and more if a long trip), but I can't see
any reason to have a hundred books with me.

Any easy explanation, other than the possibility that you were doing
dissertation research and all of the sources you needed were on your
kindle? (as if!!)

--
Best regards,
 Dan                            mailto:dan at riverofdata.com