[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Mon Nov 26 11:34:25 EST 2007

These are great points. There are many different ways
to learn. Some people are able to listen, some are able
to watch, some are able to read, and some must be shown.
It seems to me that a multi-media experience using
audio, video, and text can be a very efficient method
of presenting complex topics. Some part of it can
mesh with the varied learning skills of the intended
audience.

While watching Michael Moore's 'Sicko' over the holiday,
I was impressed by the efficient delivery of a message
that most only hear about in skewed marketing sound bites.

OTOH, its seems that effective education prepares you
to have your own ideas 'pop up' when reading, rather
than being spoon fed ideas.  Other than for brief
encyclopedic entries, my personal preference is paper.

Robert L. Balliot
1-401-441-5763
Skype: RBalliot
Bristol, Rhode Island