[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

Brian Gray mindspiral at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 23:57:57 EST 2007

I think were ebooks, kindle, and future readers will excel is not the
people that grew up on paper books and already have existing
locations. It is catching the newer generations now, so they grow up
in this style of information consumption.

I hate all these restrictive formats and lock down restrictions. But
does Amazon already have enough locked in customers that may consider
this alternative? If they already have enough potential customers, the
format restrictions probably gives them more power to negotiate with
publishers.

I have not seen it, but does the kindle and the format allow for
searching within a document? I am thinking does it have a use as
reference tool.

Brian Gray
mindspiral at gmail.com