[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 7:13 available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:54:22 EST 2007

Cites & Insights 7:13, December 2007, is now available for downloading
at
http://citesandinsights.info/civ7i13.pdf

This 22-page issue--PDF as usual, but each essay is also available at
http://citesandinsights.info
is another All-Perspectives Issue:

* Bibs & Blather Perspective: On Charting New Courses
In which I write off five decades in library automation with a 1.5-page
non-memoir, summarize the start of an ongoing career in another 1.5
pages, and discuss new directions and what they may mean for the
near-term future of Cites & Insights.

* Following Up: On the Literature
Various threads on the state of the professional literature of
librarianship.

* Trends & Quick Takes Perspective: On Shoes and Ships and Sealing Wax
With the help of Charles Lutwidge Dodson, a baker's dozen assorted
mini-perspectives.

* Making it Work Perspective: On the Middle
If you're not 100% with us, you're against us. If you believe that to be
true, you should just skip this essay altogether.

NOTE: While this is the final issue for 2007, it is not the end of
Volume 7. There will be the usual volume index and title sheet, for
those who might be binding C&I as a print publication. When? Hard to
say; see Walt at Random for reasons why.

-