[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

Roy Tennant tennantr at oclc.org
Tue Nov 20 11:54:13 EST 2007

By the way, since Rich and I seem to be getting into a friendly debate
again, for those of you keeping score at home the record from the past when
we have disagreed is Richard: 1, Me: 0. We debated at Computers in Libraries
and elsewhere over whether a library such as the Library of Congress would
or could ever be fully digitized. I took the side that it would not. Sure,
back then we had no idea that billions of someone else¹s dollars would be
burning a hole in Google¹s pocket, but nonetheless I was wrong. So keep that
in mind as you choose up sides. I was wrong once and will be wrong again ‹
it¹s anyone¹s guess as to whether this is one of those times. ;-) In any
case, I assume you simply absorb all the information and arguments and
decide for yourself, as is right and proper.

Meanwhile, Richard is too much the gentleman to point out the above facts.
And I¹ll try to be more gentlemanly next time and not lead with a rebuttal
to a postscript. ;-)
Roy