[Web4lib] Google in libraries

Greg Sennema gsennema at wlu.ca
Tue Nov 20 09:24:04 EST 2007

Greetings.

I am preparing a conference presentation on how Google * as a type of vendor * is affecting library services.  While I will touch upon the various advanced search features that are described on the Google web site, I am more interested in understanding the impact that other Google services such as Enterprise (gmail, calendar, etc.), Documents, Analytics, Maps, Earth, Scholar, Book Search etc. are affecting decisions on how libraries provide web-based services to their patrons and staff, and the software and services they purchase from traditional library vendors.

If you have ANY examples of how you are using any Google service within your library (or trickled down from the parent institution) or library web site, could you send me any links or documentation you might have?

Please send this info to me off the list.  If there is enough interest, I will post to the list after the conference next February.

thanks in advance

Greg Sennema / electronic services librarian
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
75 University Ave. W. Waterloo, ON N2L 3C5
(p) 519-884-0710 x.2812
(f) 519-884-8023
(e) gsennema at wlu.ca
http://library.wlu.ca/blogs/gsennema/