[Web4lib] Re: One consequence of the digitization programs

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Nov 13 19:07:16 EST 2007

Walt Crawford wrote:

> I most certainly do not expect (nor would I welcome) librarians
> or avatars to get in my face and say "Stop! In the name of
> Dewey! Before you take that book. Think it over."

But if you're hired to acquire reference literature for a new
college library reading room, you're not starting out with an 11th
edition Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911) and say "that should be
fine for everyone". You first make sure you have one of the more
recent editions, and then you might add a classic edition as well.

Whether this applies to Anders' question, I don't know.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
  Project Runeberg - free Nordic literature - http://runeberg.org/