[Web4lib] Website Redesign

Aubri Keleman crlibrarian at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 18:01:51 EST 2007

We are looking to redesign our website and are trying to determine how
much money to put into this project.  We know that the cost will be
based on what we want from the site, and how extensive our design will
be, but still wanted to get an idea of what other libraries have spent
redoing their sites.

We want to use a CMS, and we want to have a site that is standards
compliant.  If you would be willing to email information about your
own redesign, and ball park range for cost and staff time, that would
be fantastic.  We would also love to know whether or not your redesign
increased traffic to your website, and by how much.  To put funds
towards this, we need to show that our site has the potential to be
more than just a window to our catalog.  (Which it is now!)
Please send your comments to akeleman at wcls.org.

Thank you very much.

Aubri Keleman
Whatcom County Library System